A Day in the Cold


Hello! On Saturday we spent a very cold day out in the snow and played outside.
Ember snow boarded on her new blue board and helmet she got for Christmas. 



She didn't even bother to put on gloves! What a daredevil.





Then I traveled outside in the gorgeous new coat I borrowed from Sam.


A lovely layer of un-touched snow lay on the ground. It really was beautiful outside.


Dakota walked up behind me. 
"Hi Chrissa! Do you want to play around in the snow for a bit?" She said

Ember suddenly boarded up behind. Dakota and I both spun around at the sound of crunching snow behind us.
"Hi Em! Whatcha doing?" Dakota asked

"Just went for a spin on my new board. You guys wanna sit down for a bit? I'm pretty tired from all that."
As Em and I were chatting, Dakota all the meanwhile had been crafting icy snowballs to throw at Ember. A particularly large icy ball struck Ember square on the leg. 

Big mistake. Ember is the snowball fighting master by the way. Dakota clearly underestimated her talent.


Before Dakota could bend down to grab another ball, Em had picked up a snowball from the pile and cannon-balled it on a straight path for Dakota's stomach. Dakota fell over from the impact. ( She's also a little bit, should I say dramatic.)

Soon enough, balls of snow flew through the nippy air and hit their targets at each other. I sat in the middle of it all, afraid to stand up and risk getting pummeled by snow. 

I wasn't safe though. A freezing thing of ice smacked against my leg and the brand-new coat. 

That's it. The very last straw for me. I stood up. Ember and Dakota both looked up at me in a little glance that had a glint of worry in it. With good reason of coarse, Ember was good at snow ball fights but all the girls know who is really the best. I win almost every game we play. I say almost because one time I slipped on a patch of ice and was repeatedly hit with snowballs until I was so cold, I had to dart inside.

I ran toward a tree before they both knew what was coming next.

Dakota crouched under a pine she chose as her base. 

What she didn't know was that I sat, waiting above her like a hawk waiting for its prey, snowball clenched in mitten.
I let the ball drop from my hand and land, perfectly aimed of course, onto her head.

Dakota had a worried look on her face, she could tell an opponent was near.

I saw Ember walk up behind Dakota to see what was going on. Dakota hadn't made any moves with her snowballs yet and Em was worried that something was wrong. Another precisely thrown snowball hit Ember's helmet. Both girls started to search around to find me. Neither of them suspected me to be above them. 
I finally climbed down the tree and walked in front of the two girls. I told them I was hiding above them. We all started to laugh and then we headed inside for a much-needed cup of hot cocoa. 

Bonne Nuit!,
Chrissa

Comments

  1. I love the photos of Ember and Chrissa at the beginning! They are so pretty and cute and Ember's snowboard and helmet are adorable! The little photostory at the end was awesome and really funny! I enjoyed reading it! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing! I love the lighting and their outfits and everything about these. Ugh, these are beautiful Zoë!xD
    ~R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeaaah! Epic snowball fight!
    Clever move, chrissa!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! I loved reading it. :) Chrissa is so sneaky. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts