Putting Up the Christmas Tree

Hello! It's Sam.
Do you love putting up Christmas trees and decorating them?
 Last weekend we put up our Christmas tree. Earlier that day we drove to a Christmas tree farm and cut down our own tree in the rain.
 
" It's the perfect one!"
 
 
 
 When we got back to the house we changed into some comfortable clothes and drank some hot cocoa. Sadly Brooke felt a bit sick so she didn't join us while we decorated, but she's feeling better now. 

 
I helped take the tree inside and position it with Chrissa and Dakota. Kit put "The Christmas Song" on as high a volume as possible.

 
Piper brought the box of Oraments up from the storage room.

 
She also brought some twine to wrap around the tree.


 
Coconut snatched one end of the twine and started to run away with it!

 
We chased after him.
 
 
Saige finally caught up to him and pulled the twine out of his mouth. What a naughty dog! 
 
 
I wrapped the twine around the tree.
 
 
 
 
Then we opened the box and started to hang our ornaments. 

 
We all  hung our favorite ones first. 







 
Then we put a few presents under the tree. I wonder what's inside this one!




 
 This angel ornament is one of my favorite Oraments to hang up every year. Look at the tiny tree in her hands and her pretty golden wings!
 
 
Then I ran down stairs and grabbed the paper garland that Chrissa,Saige, and I made.
 I love that you can see the music notes on the garland. 
 
 
I wrapped the tree in the garland along with Saige, Chrissa, and Piper.
 

 
 Coconut!
 

 

Then we topped the tree with the beautiful golden star we use every year. 
Overall, it was a very fun and exhausting day.
 
I always love decorating for Christmas. What are some Christmas traditions that you do with your family every year?
 
Buon Natale!, ( Merry Christmas in Italian)
Samantha and all the girls

Comments

  1. I love putting up and decorating Christmas trees! We got an alive one in a pot so when were done we can plant it out back.
    Your tree looks just so perfect. I especially like the music chain. : )
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, the girls' tree is so cute. Love it. <3
    Our Christmas tradition is to open our family presents on Christmas eve, so we can spend majority of Christmas day over at my grandma's place. =)
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I love how they went out and picked a tree! Sooo cute! Their finished tree is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts