The Fourth

Hi!! It's Kit today! Yesterday my neighborhood had a 4th of July barbecue/ carnival. I don't have that many photos because we are moving soon. The night started out by passing a giant rocking pirate ship ride.
"Hey Kit!" Felicity our next door neighbor who is a year older then me cried out.
"Do you want to go on that?" Felicity pointed to the large ride.
"Ummmm.... Maybe later?" I replied.
"You promise?"
I nodded and ran to meet my friend Rebbecca at the ball tossing game.
"YES!!!!" Rebbecca yelled out.
"I won!!"
"What happened?" I asked her.
"I've been trying to win this game for the last fifteen minutes and I finally WON!"
"Look, there's an empty seat next to me, we can see who is better."
Let's just say Rebbecca ended up with a lot of beads (One of the small prizes.) and I... Not so much.

    I passed by Felicity but she didn't notice me. I admit I was avoiding her so I wouldn't have to go on that ship ride. It started to get dark. 
Rebbecca headed back to her blanket to get ready for the fireworks. I wanted to go on one last ride. As I was heading toward the paragliding ride I bumped into Felicity.
" Kit!" She said.
" I've been looking for you." " There's no line for the pirate ride!"
Felicity grabbed my now sweating hand.
"Ummm..." I said.
Chrissa looked up as she was heading back to our blanket, saw me and gave me a thumbs up.
Felicity pulled me into the short line. I looked up at the lit-up sign.  
The Twisting and Turning Pirate Ship, the sign was labeled. Just like my stomach.

  We sat down at the last row of seats. 
"This is my last chance to leave." I thought. "Just do it."
" Are you excited?" Felicity asked me.
"Not in the slightest." I thought.
I mustered up a shaky smile.
"Of course."
The iron bar lifted up and over my seat, and rested on my lap. The boat started to swing not very high at first. Then it swung higher and higher.
"Who HOO!" Felicity screamed.
I clamped my mouth shut. My stomach lurched over.
After a while the lurching stopped. This was actually kind of fun. I lifted up my hands.

    The ride stopped, Felicity and I hopped off. 
"Ok, that was kind of awesome," Felicity squealed.
" Agreed!" I said.
A loud bang pierced the air.
"Come on. The fireworks are starting."

I sat down on the blanket shared with my sisters, on a field, and grabbed the purple camera I got for Christmas last year.



The finally.


Happy (Belated) 4th of July! I am moving in two days, so there may not be any posts for the next week.
Pożegnanie!, (Goodbye in Polish.)
                                                                  Kit (And Zoë)





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts