+ Learning to Skate +


I've always wanted to learn how to roller-skate and I've been saving up to buy a pair. Well, I finally  saved up enough and ordered a pair last week. The roller-skates finally came in the mail today and I darted outside to go try them for a spin. Sam came out with me to help since she's a pro at everything from biking to skateboarding.



She told me to put out my arms to keep balance and not to spread my legs too far apart. 




Then I started to roll down the hill, not very steady.


Suddenly I lost my balance and fell crashing to the ground. I was ok but my knee was a little scratched up.


Then I got back up and tried again. This time I felt a little bit steadier on the skates.



Soon I was off, cruising down the street. 




Hugs!, 

+ Brooke +


Comments

  1. I love the pictures 7 and 9! Hope you had fun roller skating!
    <3Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had lots of fun :0)
      - Brooke

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to learn to skate too, but we don't really have a good place to try where I live.
    I'm glad you had fun, though!
    I liked pictures 8 and 10. : )
    ~Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happened when I tried to learn how to ride a bike for the first time. We used to live at the top of a hill, so the driveway was too steep to go down.
      I'm hoping I can go roller-skating again today after I finish my homework.
      - Brooke

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures <3 I love skating, too. It just makes you feel so free, with the wind in your hair and such.
    I liked pictures 1 and 8 best :).

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! I know, I just love that feeling.
      - Brooke

      Delete
  4. These pictures are so adorable! I absolutely love skating, it's one of my favorite things to do, I just wish I could do it more often!:) The pictures look so real!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks :0) I could do it all the time. Thanks again!
      - Brooke

      Delete
  5. Wow! Nice pictures! This was cute, but Izzy's skirt is up in the first picture... :|

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a lot of fun!!! :) I would love to try roller skating one day, but I don't really have a place to do it where I live. I recently stumbled on your blog and you definitely have a new follower!!! :)
    ~Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we definantly had a lot of fun.
      Thanks Marissa!! I'll go and follow your blog now too :0)
      - Zoë

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a fab time skating :) Also you know on your right side bar you have the gadget About Me, how did you get that there? I've been trying to get the same thing on my blog but I just can't find the gadget :(
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun!
      The gadget is called profile and I think it's the 17th one down
      Hope that helped.
      - Zoë

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts